I think the toughest job in the Philippines is being a MOM.
- Being a Mom starts with PAIN – during childbirth. And even for those who are Moms by adoption, pain can come in the form of sacrifices and problems.
- You’re on duty 24/7
- Your job description requires multiple skills and duties: caregiver, nanny, tutor, cook, driver, motivator, disciplinarian, financier
- Once you get the job, there is absolutely no resignation. You’re in this for the long haul – like it or not.
- There is no financial compensation. You need to do all these absolutely FREE OF CHARGE.
Do you think your job is tough too? Then come join Alaxan FR and DOLE’s Search for the Toughest Jobs in the Philippines Campaign.
Different people may give different answers; but for the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), Manny Pacquiao and Alaxan FR, no job is too small or too easy. Because it is in how one performs the job – whether he rises above the pain and the challenge—that determines whether a job is tough or so-so.
With this in mind, the DOLE and the People’s Champ, together with top pain relief brand Alaxan FR, launches the “Search for the Toughest Jobs in the Philippines” – a groundbreaking initiative that seeks to honor Filipino men and women who face the challenges of their day-to-day jobs with pride, resiliency and most of all toughness.
“In the case of Manny Pacquiao, it’s the pain of training for a boxing title; for the promodizer, it’s the long commute to be able to give service to grocery shoppers; for the teacher, it’s the leg cramps after long hours of standing to be able to impart knowledge to students. Really, pain is a badge of honor. It’s one sign that you’ve exerted enough effort and commitment to do your job well.,” asserts Sheila Rono, Alaxan Brand Representative..
My blog is offering a contest for the toughest job. 3 winners will be chosen by me.
To join, here are mechanics:
1. Just post a comment at the end of this article stating what is your toughest job. Please include your NAME and OCCUPATION.
2. Your comment entry is also automatically an entry to www.toughjobsphilippines.com
for the national contest which runs till Aug. 21, 2010 (see mechanics for the national contest there). You are required to submit the same entry in my blog, but this time with a PHOTO of your tough job, to email@example.com
(Alaxan FR’s PR people will be the ones to upload your entry on the website). The entry that gets the most number of votes online will win the competition and will bring home a trophy and a cash prize of P20,000.
3. Deadline for entries to my blog contest: July 15, 2010
4. For my blog contest, there will be 3 winners chosen by me. My blog winners will win tough jobs T-shirts, cellphone cleaners and Alaxan FR’s sample packs.
5. Winners can claim their prizes at GeiserMaclang Office – 6F Cambridge Center Building, 108 Tordesillas cor Gallardo Streets, Salcedo Village, Makati City.
Alaxan FR contains Ibuprofen (200mg) and Paracetamol (325mg), two of the most widely used and trusted pain relievers by doctors worldwide. It is used for the relief of mild to moderately severe pain of musculoskeletal origin such as myalgia, arthritis, rheumatism, sprain, strain, bursitis, tendonitis, backache and stiff neck, as well as tension headache, dysmenorrhea, toothache and pain after tooth extraction and minor surgical operations and for the reduction of fever. Alaxan FR is available at leading drugstores and supermarkets.
Here are my winners for Alaxan FR gift packs:
1. May Ann Saturno – her description of her job as transcriptionist-editor really tugged at my heart. I agree that it’s a very tough job to have.
2. Jennifer Aspacio – 12 blogs? No yaya? Homeschooling teacher? Waaaahhhh, that’s tough!
3. Julie Fuertes – dealing with kids can be a handful. Julie’s work with special education children is a challenge! Plus, she has all this online work on top of having no househelp. Makes my life look like a breeze.
Congrats Ann, Jennie and Julie. I’ll be emailing you soon. Please note though that the promo was extended to Aug. 15, 2010 AFTER I had closed the contest. So please be patient because your prizes will be available beginning Aug. 15 only.