Over 99% of all businesses in the Philippines are small and medium-sized enterprises and a great majority of that 99% is micro- or small social enterprises. Social enterprise is a big thing here and we should encourage it. We’ve seen cottage industries spring up for several decades now. Then as more Moms opted to leave the work force and stay home, the community of mompreneurs began to grow.
But one big factor has kept these micro to small social enterprises from really growing and taking off.
This is where Pharmaton seeks to close the yawning gap with its campaign, Life Changers’ Challenge: Success in Numbers.
|Chef Rob Pengson, Reese Fernandez-Ruiz of Rags2Riches, Peter “Futkalero Pedro” Amores|
The ultimate winner receives a PHP 1 million grant to CHANGE LIVES!
- Individuals or groups of up to 3 members who are charged with vitality, passion and the desire to create impact.
- Participant/group may be independent or tied to an existing organization.
- At least one member of the group must be in the Philippines on the week of the competition to present the proposal.
- Participants must not be affiliated with Boehringher Ingelheim.
- Participants need not start from zero. Projects that have already begun implementation may still be entered into the contest for as long as the idea will:
- be executed in a new area and will affect a different community;
- impact lives in the areas of education, entrepreneurship and livelihood, environment, health, and public safety. Category overlaps are permitted;
- the proposed project must be able to yield some tangible results within two months upon the start of execution.
- All participants (all members of the team, for group entries) must like the Pharmaton PH Facebook page.
- A member from each team must fill out an online form and upload their video proposal (maximum duration: 3 minutes; maximum file size: 150MB) to our microsite. The video must have a short and catchy title communicates relevance, innovativeness, and projected impact.
- In support of the video, they must also submit a written proposal containing:
- Concept Summary: Gist of the project that conveys its impact and excites the reader in 1-3 sentences
- Projected Impact: What community the project will affect and how many people will benefit
- Context: The problem that needs to be addressed and why the public should care about it
- Implementation Strategy: Detailed description of how the project will achieve objectives. Must include the stakeholders that need to be involved and the roles they will play, the tools to be used, and the execution process
- Budget: How the money will be spent/projected costs
- Timelines: Calendar of activities and projected results. Must include projected results after two months and after a year
- Submission of entries is from April 28 May 12 – June 12, 2015. Pharmaton reserves the right to reject proposals it deems exploitative or inappropriate.
- Entries get automatically uploaded to YouTube. Once video has been cleared, uploaded on YouTube and embedded on the website, participants and other users may start liking the video. The three videos with the most number of likes on the microsite will be added on the “featured videos” list.
- To encourage engagement and discourse, we will invite the public to share their insights and suggestions on any of the projects via Facebook. Those who have suggestions must use #LifeChangers and #PharmatonPH for tracking purposes.
- The contestants may revise their concept according to the suggestions which they feel will make their project more impactful, interesting, or feasible. This, however, would mean that the number of likes would go back to zero (0). Every revised version must be treated as the final copy of the video. Previous versions will be taken out of the microsite but will still be viewable on YouTube.
- Recommended: Contestant can share the video on their personal pages to promote their most updated entries and encourage friends to like the Pharmaton page.
- The participants must update their write-ups to reflect the changes in the proposal.
- Contestants are allowed to make as many changes as they want until 12 June 2015, 11:59 PM, the deadline for submission of entries.
- Pharmaton will grade the entries based on the following criteria:
Lasting impact (30%)
Showing the importance of lasting physical/mental energy in the video and execution (20%)
Innovativeness of the project/concept (20%)
Votes made through the microsite (10%)
- The 10 finalists will be announced on the microsite and on Pharmaton’s social media platforms on June 15, 2015 at 6:00PM. The public may continue voting on the microsite (with the option of sharing this on social media) as soon as the results are out. Voting ends on June 30, 2015 at 7:00PM.
- The finalists will present their elevator pitches (max: 5 minutes) before a panel and audience on the final event on June 30, 2015. The panel of judges will consist of the Life Changers ambassadors and other panelists.
- The final score will be determined by the following:
Scores from panelists
Projected Impact (30%)
Seamlessness of the plan (20%)
Exhibiting energy during the presentation (20%)
Innovativeness of the idea (10%)
Votes made through the microsite (10%)
Positive social media mentions from the time they posted their entry to an hour before the pitch (10%)
Our winner will be awarded the opportunity to change lives.
- Every important step in the implementation of the life-changing proposal will be documented on social media and the microsite to show how Pharmaton is part of one’s journey to change lives.
- This will have updates at least once a week and will be published as a video at the end of the campaign (August 31, 2015).